Sunday, September 9, 2012

Teacher thinking!!


So I've been reading Ron Clark's book no more molasses classes, and it's enlightening.  I really like the idea of not being disturbed by the intercom. He has some really great ideas for parents and teachers.
I've been thinking we don't effectively use our parents. The jr. High football coach is in the room beside me and wanted to know if anyone provided dinner for the boys before they left on away games. I told him that sometimes they did but other times they didn't. I also suggested aski g parents for donations or even providing a meal.  I think we often assume that our parents can't or won't help but do we really know? My school is located inside an amazing community, a community who just a few years ago took it upon themselves to raise money for our failing (financially) school. Maybe we should just ask??

In other thoughts, what about Having a fee instead of buying school supplies? I am just having thoughts as a teacher.. Wondering if this is easier?

No comments:

Post a Comment