Sunday, September 30, 2012

5th grade Math.... UUGGGHHH!!!

IF you have read my blog for any amount of time, you know that I teach 5th grade math. If you are also a teacher or maybe even a parent you know we (most states in the USA) are implementing Common Core Math. I don't know why, but I have been stressing about teaching math this year. I just can't seem to get a good grip on it. Last year I had "I can" statements, weekly pre-tests, post tests and daily practice. It worked really well. This year I am LOST!!!  I just can't seem to get it up and going.

Anyway, last Sunday, the girls and I (and Roy) went to Froniter City for the day. IF you aren't from around here its in Oklahoma City. I was CRAZY to think I would get up Sunday morning and drive there, ride rides, and drive home. Then get up and go to work the next morning....  We had a blast, I took some great pictures!!!!

Speaking of pictures and the reason I can't up load them. My phone popped up with the IOS6 update this week. Well I'm not one of those technosavy girls. I didn't know how to back up my phone. So when I asked my GOOD friend Lillie if it was ok to update she enthusiastically replied "YES"!!!  What she didn't realize was I had not every plugged my phone in to backup. I lost all Pictures, apps, and the last voicemail from my mom. That was the hardest. Tuesday would have been her 55th birthday. If I could do things differently I would have made birthdays, Christmas and holiday's a really big deal. I miss her so much!!!  You have no idea. Just to talk to her.... Just to have her opinion.  I have some really great memories at the end. On my birthday, Dec. 27, she had an appointment with the heart Dr. I had an appointment at the dentist. I cancelled mine. We met my girls at a local CiCi's pizza for lunch. They brought me flowers and a cute pictures, she said wait tomorrows your birthday!! I said "no mom today is". We ate and had a really great time. She felt bad that she had forgotten my birthday, but it was one great day!!!

Today- Thank God for the blessings in your life. Thank him for the things you have no matter how small.

*call your momma*


No comments:

Post a Comment