Friday, March 27, 2009

RIFed

Well today I was called to the principals office!! No I haven't been bad but the news was. See I work in a school that is in fiscal distress. It was that way when I was hired last year. I have to say up front that I love my job. I love all of my children. (I teach 6th grade) I have been put on notice that my contract for next year will not be renewed. They call this a reduction in force or RIF. I have the chance to still get a job here IF someone leaves or if the number of students gets to a level where they need another teacher.
Now this puts me in a position to where I have to find a job. You see, I pay the big bills, as in the house payment, car payments and such. My husband pays the small bills like the phone, water and electric. So I now must get out the resumes and my licence and hunt up another job and hope that I can find one. If not we will be in a world of hurt. We will be up there with all of the people in this economy that are struggling. I am saddened. I am worried.

P.S. We are top heavy in administration. When will they be moved?

No comments:

Post a Comment