Well this Valentines Day brought my eyes wide open. I am a teacher, and as a teacher I admit I love holidays. I like the chance to have an off day with my students. In the past year I became the mother of a hypoglycemic daughter. I realized now, that Valentines is really just for the candy. I sent my child off to school with a bag of Cheetos and some sugar free chocolate. The Cheetos were for her class the chocolate for her. I feel for parents who have children whom are allergic to certain foods. Finding sugar free anything in my hometown was a laugh, but we did manage to find that little bag tucked right in with the regular chocolate.
She came home from school and said it had been hard. Doughnuts, cupcakes, candy and pop. She was left out but she managed. I hope that I can remember to be more prepared in the future for little get together.
Next, the cheer trip to Branson.... She is nervous about being away from us. Maybe I'll go with her:)
No comments:
Post a Comment