Friday, February 4, 2011

More snow...

So it has been so long since my last post... sorry :( The last time I posted Paige was suppose to get to come home, but it snowed that weekend. Now she was suppose to come home today, and more snow. I sure do miss her. I haven't seen her since January 3rd. She is doing well though. She has found ways to entertain herself. I prayed that she would do well up there, new place new faces... She has found new friends, new things to do and does for herself. I hoped that she would dig deep and find her little streak of independence that I knew she had somewhere and draw from that.

Speaking of independence, I read an article in US News, about how parents "baby" their children too much. I talked about students entering college and not being able to make decisions for themselves. It said that we really need to let our children begin to make choices about education, classes, college ect. on their own. I saw a lot of that in Paige. She has since picked up and done well. I worried about her not waking up for work. She does. I worried about her wearing dirty clothes, cleaning her room, eating, being social. She had done everything she has needed to do and then some.

I know I am on a Paige kick... she may be out of sight, but she is not off of mind.



No comments:

Post a Comment